The Pillerseetal hiking paradise
Calling all summiteers!
You can plan your hiking holiday in the PillerseeTal to suit your mood, because with over 400 km of well-marked hiking trails and mountain routes, there’s something for everyone. The mountains of the Kitzbühel Alps and the Loferer Steinberge are a paradise for athletic mountaineers and ambitious climbing enthusiasts. Beautiful paths that are suitable for pleasure hikers and families will lead you to idyllic lodges or to the Jakobskreuz on the Buchensteinwand.
Once you have arrived at the destination, numerous alpine huts and snack stations will invite you to linger, and you can enjoy the fantastic view while being spoiled by the landlords with traditional snacks and delicacies. So, what are you waiting for? The mountain is calling!
And this is what you will find when hiking and climbing in the PillerseeTal:
- Varied and multi-faceted tours on around 400 km of routes
- Signposted hiking trails at heights between 700 m and 2,500 m above sea level for every type of hiker
- Stunning panoramic routes with fabulous views
- Interesting themed and pilgrim trails (e.g. Triassic Trail, Tyrol Alpine Flower trails, “Jakobsweg” pilgrims’ way or “Ancient Myths” trail (“Sagenweg”))
- GPS Nordic Walking routes
- Challenging via ferrata routes and varied climbing routes
- Guided hiking tours with mountain experts from the Tyrol
- Great hiking events
- Extensive recreational opportunities in the mountains for the whole family: Triassic Park in Waidring or Timoks Alm in Fieberbrunn
Pilgrims of the “Jakobsweg”: welcome to the Geisler guesthouse
We frequently and gladly welcome pilgrims on the “Jakobsweg”, the Tyrolean pilgrims’ way, to our Geisler guesthouse in St. Ulrich am Pillersee. We are good listeners and will be happy to hear their interesting stories and anecdotes and what they have experienced along the way.
The “Jakobsweg” is one of the most popular pilgrimage routes, and leads directly through our beautiful village of St. Ulrich am Pillersee. Rest your tired feet in our beautiful holiday apartment or in one of our eight rooms, and recharge your batteries for the next stage!